13 August 2009

What is a "Fast Food Facelift"?

Nobody wants to abandon their favorite dish at the local chain restaurant but when you want to eat healthier, sacrifices must be made...

Luckily for us, these dishes really aren't that complicated. Think about it: These dishes are cooked around the country and around the world by a wide spectrum of cooks. You can get an Applebee's chicken quesadilla made by a 17-year-old college student in Denver, Colorado and odds are it will taste just the same as one cooked by a 45-year-old divorcee at London's Heathrow airport.

If it's that basic of a dish to be made nearly identically around the world, why can't we make it ourselves?

Now, let's take it one step further and ask another [non-rhetoric] question: Though delicious, what are some of the negatives to this food?

I think it's safe to say that a) it's generally unhealthy, b) you don't know how it's being prepared or who is doing the cooking, and c) it may not be horribly expensive, but it's certainly not cheap!

The way I think these issues can be solved is to get creative. I hope that by re-creating some of those favorite meals from those get-together restaurants, it will show everyone how you don't have to cut out your favorite dishes, nor do you have to spend a ton of money (and Calories!) on something delicious.

So, I plan on making my first dish on the night of either Friday, August 14 or Sunday, August 16. I will cook something once a week and during the off-days I will do some fun things like mention articles about food, health, nutrition, and cooking, have polls (once I have a few followers/subscribers), and other stuff. We'll see!

In the meantime, I need your help:

Suggest your favorite dish from your favorite chain restaurant for me to recreate in this blog!


Reply to this blog post or e-mail FastFoodFacelift@gmail.com with your suggestions!

Stay tuned, people; I'll try to make this awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea. Thanks for posting the fast food facelift recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! :) What about easily made deserts at home from places like Denny's?

    ReplyDelete